Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Roadmap for Career Managment

I want to give you a sense of where I am headed in this blog. I plan to focus largely on the tough career management lessons I've learned these last few years in hopes that it will make your life a little easier moving forward.

For some time now I haven't been able to shake the notion that my time in the theatre was wasted time, wasted resources and wasted energy. I feel like it set me back 6-7 years in my career and I've struggled to catch up with my peers who headed out of college with a purpose and direction on which they are still focused. If I can help just one person avoid the pitfalls I've encountered, I will consider my efforts a glorious success.

To that end, future topics will include:
  • Networking
  • Interviewing
  • Negotiating Your Salary (and other things in life)
  • Managing Up
  • The Power of Staying Positive
  • Branding Yourself (this will be talked about down the road as I still have a lot to learn)
  • Facebook: Yeah or Nay
  • Surviving Your Performance Evaluation

No comments:

Post a Comment